Clearleft is a world renowned design agency based in Brighton. As well as working with companies like Penguin Books, Virgin Holidays and John Lewis, we run a series of popular conferences and events for designers and developers. We are currently looking to expand our events team, and have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Event Coordinator.
UX London is our flagship conference, and is currently in its tenth year. Leading design is our newest conference and will be taking place for the third time this October. Both events have international appeal and attract attendees and speakers from companies like Google, Facebook, Spotify and AirBnB. On top of these premier conferences, we run a range of smaller one-day conferences, like Patterns Day, Ampersand and our Clearleft Presents workshops all with opportunities to grow.
The purpose of your role
This role would be perfect for somebody looking for their second or third job in the events sector. You’ll be really organised, a natural people-person, and willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with all aspects of event management. This will include everything from liaising with speakers and sponsors, managing ticket sales, through to overseeing volunteers, managing logistics, and looking after the smooth running of the event on the day. Alongside our Event Manager you’ll be the face of the conference and Clearleft for many, so responsible for creating the best attendee experience and exceeding expectations.
Ideally you’ll be the kind of person who is at home with digital technology and is as comfortable in Gmail and Google Docs as you are on Twitter, Instagram and Medium. Your knowledge and experience of social media will come in handy while working with our Marketing Manager to help promote the events and sell tickets. This is a fast paced and exciting role with lots of opportunity. As such we’re looking for someone to join the team who can hit the ground running and is driven to keep the momentum of our events up. Further details of the main responsibilities and the person specification are below.
Your main responsibilities
- Alongside the Event Manager you will ensure all aspects of the event are delivered on time and on budget.
- Deal with both customer and business enquiries while providing excellent customer service and a flawless attendee experience.
- Ensure our speakers and sponsors have an outstanding experience in the run up to and when attending our events
- Manage our online ticket booking and invoicing process, and suggest improvements where necessary.
- Work with suppliers to ensure smooth event production.
- Work alongside our Marketing Manager to help promote our events across multiple channels.
- Keep our event websites accurate, engaging and up-to-date.
- Work with the Events Manager to seek new opportunities and grow the existing offerings.
- Have been working as an Events Co-ordinator for at least 2 years.
- Highly organised and detail focussed.
- A high level of IT skills, proficient in Google docs and Microsoft Office.
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise workloads whilst in a busy environment.
- Commercially astute with great people skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical experience in digital marketing and online media.
- Experience of managing relationships with external suppliers including agencies, designers and print suppliers.
- Creative and willing to share ideas.
- A knowledge of UX and design is desirable but not essential.
We go out of our way to create a happy, friendly and positive working environment. You’ll be based in our lovely office near Brighton seafront. We like to do things together like Friday drinks, country walks, day-trips to London, and the occasional BBQ or film night. We believe health and well-being are important, so offer 30 days annual holiday. We also offer flexible working and have pilates once a week at the office. Other benefits include a £1,200pa training budget, employee contributed pension and cycle to work scheme.
Salary and how to apply
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV and covering email to email@example.com
This is a full time permanent position
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st June
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for this role during June with interviews expected to take place in early July