Following our very jolly Christmas dinner, I thought it would be merry to gather intel on the Clearlefties' 1) favourite Christmas song, and 2) what they received from their Secret Santa. And here's what they said...
1. 'Christmas' by Darlene Love
2. (Andy was already away for the hols, so missed Secret Santa)
1. 'Sleigh Ride' by the Ronettes
2. I was very pleased with my present (a book!) it was very lovely and thoughtful.
1. 'Soulful Christmas', James Brown (Get your Christmas feet movin'!)
2. A dram of whisky - the label claims it's 'to share', but I'll have to see how generous I'm feeling this Christmas!
1. 'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues & Kirsty MacColl
2. Secret santa got me a guide to bread baking/recipe book, which looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it out over the Christmas break.
1. 'Fairytale of New York' - The Pogues (another one!)
2. Feeding my stationery addiction - I got the perfect gift for making lines.
1. I'm also Band Aid's 'Do They Know It's Christmas'. Original version obvs.
2. Cheese Jokes. Amazes.
1. 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' by Darlene Love (Andy T. has good taste)
2. Five magnificent pairs of Muppet-themed socks: Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzy, Animal, and Beaker.
1. Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You'
2. A riveting read of a book (details cannot be disclosed!), and also some Clarins goodies.
1. 'Do they know it's Christmas', Band Aid (chosen wholly because of its sheer ubiquity and relentlessness, every year since 1984)
2. 'Ride', a fantastic (artisanal) magazine about everything bicycle-related
1. 'Christmas Wrapping' by The Waitresses (close tie with 'Last Christmas' by Wham!)
2. A very amusing book :o)
1. 'Jungle Bells' (no, not Jingle Bells)
2. I wasn't there for secret santa :-(
1. 'The Merry Christmas Polka' - Jim Reeves
2. Totally excited about trying out my new coffee beans
1. 'Stop the Cavalry' by Jona Lewie
2. Wonderful presents :) Mascara, chocolates and sausage rolls, what more could a girls ask for and a lovely card with a robin on it.