We’re currently looking for a Senior digital project manager to join our team. Ideally, you’ll have at least 5 years project management experience within the digital industry and are comfortable leading client engagements. You’ll get to tackle big, interesting challenges for diverse clients.
Clearleft is an employee-owned collaborative team of designers and technologists who share a passion for transforming people’s lives through digital design. We’ve been practising human-centered design for over 15 years and over the last ten years have worked alongside amazing clients like Penguin, Channel 4, Lloyd’s of London and The Wellcome Trust.
Your role is essential in enabling us to smoothly manage client engagements and deliver great quality project outcomes to our clients through:
- Creating budgets, monitoring spend, managing invoicing & payments, and producing updates on the financial status of projects.
- Facilitating collaborative group activities and/or workshops with colleagues or clients.
- Planning and facilitating feedback or critique sessions with clients.
- Coordinating multiple team-wide activities, unblocking barriers to progress, and planning timelines, checkpoints and/or milestones as part of a project.
- Confidently following a well established approach to problem solving.
- Presenting formally to an audience in a clear, compelling and articulate manner.
- Building good rapport and strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Recognising and flagging stress and fatigue in others to support their continued wellbeing.
What you value
We’re looking for smart, passionate people who thrive on the freedom, support and trust to do the job they love. If you want to do the best and most fulfilling work of your career, in a culture free from hierarchical and bureaucratic constraints, Clearleft is the ideal place for you.
We hire for culture add and values fit. We believe that hiring people who come from different backgrounds enriches the team culture and the work we do. We like people to bring their own unique style and set of experiences to the team and help make us greater than the sum of our parts. If any of the following values resonate with you, then we should get together for a chat.
You’re a fantastic client manager
You are committed to ensuring the client gets the best possible service and results from working with Clearleft. You are an expert in guiding the client, ensuring they know what is expected of them and what to expect from us. You have a real interest in educating them on how we work, listening to them and their needs and ensuring they are happy with the outcome of the project.
You’re a great facilitator
You understand the way to deliver great projects requires the ability to facilitate productive conversations and processes between the team and the client.You‘re equally able to lead or facilitate a session internally and with clients, to adapt to situations that best suit the project needs. You’re flexible enough to identify and change a process that is not working, and are always listening out for what the team needs. Essentially you are the glue within the team.
You have the ability to smell an issue before it becomes a bigger problem. You are detail focussed enough to understand all the potential challenges in delivery and do your best to remove these obstacles as soon as you can. You have a deep understanding of how people behave and can spot when people need support or are struggling with something. You are able to second guess clients’ needs and suggest things to them before they have even asked. Problem solving is a core part of what you do.
You’re an active listener and a great communicator
You are empathetic to the team and the client. You understand that success can often rest on the quality of communication. You pride yourself on helping the team to express their ideas clearly, confidently and with a strong sense of focus and purpose that encourages trust from your clients. You don’t get phased by difficult conversations or problems, rather you prefer to work out a strategy to deal with those barriers.
We’ll provide you with a wonderful place to work, surrounded by friendly and talented individuals. We go out of our way to create a happy, supportive and positive working environment with flexible working hours. You’ll be based in our lovely office near Brighton seafront, but during Covid lockdown we’re all working at home.
- Competitive salary £45,000 - £55,000 pa depending on experience
- Tickets to our programme of events, retreats and meet-ups
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days annual leave as standard
- A substantial training budget
- Employer-contributed pension
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- A friendly, creative studio environment two minutes walk from the seafront
- The option to work remotely
- Regular social gatherings to bring the studio together (from picnics to countryside walks and days out further afield - we are always up for new ideas so please do come with suggestions!)
- Discretionary annual bonus
Does this sound like you?
If so, please drop a short email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you’re right for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Some things worth noting
- This is a full time, permanent role.
- Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK.
- Due to current UK government restrictions we are all working remotely. Once restrictions lift we will be combining a mixture of working from the studio in Brighton and working remotely, but we still welcome applications for people who live further afield. There would be an expectation that all employees gather as a group on a monthly basis face to face where possible.
- The closing date for applications is 23 April 2021.
- We endeavour to get in touch with candidates within two weeks of you contacting us, which typically begins with a casual chat prior to a more formal interview process
- We categorically won’t be working with recruitment agencies on this appointment. Even if you are different from all the others.
- We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and we welcome applications from under represented groups. All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.